The Fort Collins Bike Co-op is looking to hire a new Front Desk Representative. The Front Desk Rep will be the first point of contact between customers and Bike Co-op staff, and will be responsible for diagnosing mechanical issues, helping pick parts, selling bicycles, and many other aspects of Bike Co-op operation. The Bike Co-op is a 501c3 non-profit organization whose goal is to "build community through bicycling," and the Front Desk Rep will not only be a crucial part of accomplishing that mission, but will also have the opportunity to learn about bikes and bike mechanics, encourage cycling within our community, and work in a welcoming and friendly environment with other like-minded employees and volunteers. For the complete job description and how to apply, please click the We're Hiring image above.
We have implemented several new hygienic procedures, the most important of which are:
- Every customer and volunteer will be required to wear a mask or similar face covering the entire time you are at the Bike Co-op.
- Every customer and volunteer must wash their hands immediately upon entering any building, and immediately after touching any bike, component, or tool that may have been touched by another person.
- Every customer and volunteer must maintain the suggested 6 foot distance between each other at all times.
Our work-nights will remain on hiatus until further notice.
Additionally, there are a number of changes in our sales and service policies:
- We will not be offering guided mechanic service; rather, we will provide selective “while you wait” service for customers, where our volunteer will perform brief tune ups/repairs while the customer remains outside of the workshop area.
- Customers will be allowed in the shop without needing to make appointments beforehand, but will be strictly limited to only a few at a time, and will not be allowed to browse or “shop around.”
- Customers will be let into the shop one at a time, and must be accompanied by a volunteer during their time inside the shop. If all volunteers are engaged, other customers must wait outside until a volunteer becomes free.
The Fort Collins Bike Co-op relies on volunteers and a few part-time staff to run our programs. Volunteers help our community realize its true biking potential.
Buy or Donate
Whole bikes, partial bikes, working bikes, broken bikes, old and new parts, tools, single parts, basically anything bike related.
Building Community Through Bicycling
Since its inception, the Bike Co-op has kept thousands of bikes out of the landfill and helped hundreds of people in the community learn to maintain and repair their own bikes. In addition the Co-op has donated bicycles to socially and financially challenged individuals and families through several city, county, and private agencies.
Today, our volunteer run, community owned bicycle shop still holds close the same ideals and philosophy that gave birth to the project; “To create a space where people from all walks of life can learn a valuable skill in a fun, safe and embracing environment, a place where nothing is wasted and everything is for everyone.”