Starting Monday, May 11th we will begin a “Soft” opening. This won’t be business as usual so please bear with us as we work to adapt.
We will be open for sales of bikes and parts, but our traditional hands-on mechanic service will be replaced with “while-you-wait” repairs from our mechanics. We will be open Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday from 2-5pm.We will also be implementing several new hygienic procedures, the most important of which are:
- Every customer and volunteer will be required to wear a mask or similar face covering the entire time you are at the Bike Co-op.
- Every customer and volunteer must wash their hands immediately upon entering any building, and immediately after touching any bike, component, or tool that may have been touched by another person.
- Every customer and volunteer must maintain the suggested 6 foot distance between each other at all times.
- We will not be offering guided mechanic service; rather, we will provide selective “while you wait” service for customers, where our volunteer will perform brief tune ups/repairs while the customer remains outside of the workshop area.
- Customers will be allowed in the shop without needing to make appointments beforehand, but will be strictly limited to only a few at a time, and will not be allowed to browse or “shop around.”
- Customers will be let into the shop one at a time, and must be accompanied by a volunteer during their time inside the shop. If all volunteers are engaged, other customers must wait outside until a volunteer becomes free.
The Fort Collins Bike Co-op is entirely run by volunteers. Their time to helps our community realize its true biking potential.
Buy or Donate
Whole bikes, partial bikes, working bikes, broken bikes, old and new parts, tools, single parts, basically anything bike related.
Building Community Through Bicycling
Since its inception, the Bike Co-op has kept thousands of bikes out of the landfill and helped hundreds of people in the community learn to maintain and repair their own bikes. In addition the Co-op has donated bicycles to socially and financially challenged individuals and families through several city, county, and private agencies.
Today, our volunteer run, community owned bicycle shop still holds close the same ideals and philosophy that gave birth to the project; “To create a space where people from all walks of life can learn a valuable skill in a fun, safe and embracing environment, a place where nothing is wasted and everything is for everyone.”